 Space / 36389
  Announcing: Space Wheels Contest

Hi All, In co-operation with Gil Shaw I am pleased to announce the next big building contest. Get out that bin of unused wheels! You're gonna need 'em for the (URL) (click the banner for more information) The only rule is that your model must use at (...) (20 years ago, 30-Sep-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, FTX) !!

  Re: Announcing: Space Wheels Contest

(...) Can someone enter more than one wheeled Space MOC in the contest? (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Announcing: Space Wheels Contest

(...) Yep. (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Announcing: Space Wheels Contest

(...) Can someone enter a Space MOC with more than one wheel in the contest? Is there an upper limit? Can the wheels be used as engines? How about wings? How about wings that ARE engines? Or would those all count as other rules? (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Announcing: Space Wheels Contest

(...) You can only use wings that are engines if they are also weapons, and also improve aerodynamics by slicing through the space air, keeping the ship afloat. -Tim (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Announcing: Space Wheels Contest

(...) The only rule is that your model must use at least one wheel to get around. I'm sorry if that's not complicated enough for you. One hint though - if a wheel shaped part is used as an engine, then it's not a wheel. My only other suggestion is (...) (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Announcing: Space Wheels Contest

(...) I hear an echo in here. what does "get around" mean? If a craft floats on the ocean, or in the ether of space, and has some sort of propulsive mechanism, it's "getting around". Now, if that mechanism is modeled by something that happens to be (...) (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Announcing: Space Wheels Contest

(...) Hehe. The part of Keith 'Smack' Goldman to now be played by Larry 'Smackity' Pieniazek.... ;) All tossing aside, the only stipulation is that at least one wheel be in contact with the ground for the purpose and execution of conveyance through (...) (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Announcing: Space Wheels Contest

(...) WELL! Good thing I deleted that last sentence of my post before posting then, (1). But as far as talking smack, I am a mere parvenu compared to the master smacker, er smack talker, Herr Goldman. He's so good that just THINKING about him (...) (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Announcing: Space Wheels Contest

In lugnet.space, Larry Pieniazek wrote: From the previous post: (...) (URL) And, from upthread:> "As for your suggestion to enter something and see, homey don’t play that." I, for one, find ++Lar with Rap Dictionary Function a refreshing change. (...) (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Announcing: Space Wheels Contest

(...) You could stick your Mom on wheels and roll her old and busted chasis out for a showing.... And they're off!! :) -Gil (who is convinced the smileyface sanitizes even the most crude of comments and gestures) (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Announcing: Space Wheels Contest

(...) Hey Lar++, Why don't you conduct those experiments in the (URL) wacky race> at NWBC? I know you (URL) are coming>, so that's no excuse :). In fact, anyone who enters the .space wheels contest and is coming to NWBC should bring their vehicle (...) (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Announcing: Space Wheels Contest

(...) [snip] (...) So do I get (to) first post? [/;-) Blurb: A Power-Crawler for up to two robots. The Low-Ground-Pressure and Mono-Tread design allows for full traction on: snow, sand and even loose rock. Gallery (Post Moderation) (URL) Deep Links (...) (20 years ago, 2-Oct-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Announcing: Space Wheels Contest

(...) You do! Page is updated with our first entry...and an interesting one indeed. Very novel use of the featured contest aspect.... Cheers, -Gil (20 years ago, 4-Oct-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Announcing: Space Wheels Contest

(...) My question is, do those multiple entries all have to be at the same time? I only ask this in genuine honesty 'cause I was looking at a Mars landscape thinking of the perfect vehicle to use on it, I got an idea and built it and pictured it and (...) (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Announcing: Space Wheels Contest

(...) Not at all. Enter as many as you like, whenever you like - as long as we receive the email before the closing date. (...) Hurricane Lenny? A (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Announcing: Space Wheels Contest

My entry in the Space Wheels contest answers the question, "what could be more unlikely than a 16 foot tall suit of power armor?" How about a guy riding a motorcycle while wearing a 16 foot tall suit of power armor? (URL) Yes, it's "American (...) (20 years ago, 29-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX) !

  Re: Announcing: Space Wheels Contest

I thought I would try my hand at this little adventure too.I bring you the ATG (All Terran Gyroscope)! Some photos: (URL) Overall> (URL) Cockpit> I haven't come across anyone using this type of build before so I thought I try and see what I could (...) (20 years ago, 2-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Announcing: Space Wheels Contest

(...) Hehe, cute :-) It sure is easier to model a bike that that, uh, 'scale'. Looks like it's easier to park your bike, too! Cheers, (URL) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Announcing: Space Wheels Contest

(...) Yeah, if you can find a 26 foot parking spot, you can pick up the bike and set it right down in there. I stopped short of building the giant space pickup truck you would need to trailer this thing to the space biker rally. Thanks for the (...) (20 years ago, 5-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)