 Space / 35955
Re: EBKD Korolev
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 2004 23:36:06 GMT

In lugnet.space, Daniel Rubin wrote:
   Hey, I like some parts of this ship alot. I think the overall shape is pretty cool, and I like the mass of antennas, guns, etc. that protrude from the front. As you can tell from my one capship, I am a fan of bridge towers. The huge engine thruster is also cool. I think your PD turrets are an interesting take as well.

Yeah, I forgot about those pesky missiles in design, Soren broguht it up. I also am a fan of bridge towers, ranging from full flying bridges to the armored barely sticking out kind. I based the protrude on front off the Sulaco of Aliens fame.

   I don’t like the gaps that are left by your click hinges, but that s the sort of thing you should be able to cover easily with some more plates. I’d also like it if there were fewer exposed studs on the outside surfaces, especially because the bridge section is so smooth, hopefully you have enough tiles and greebly bits to take care of that. My final thought is on what are presumably manuevering thrusters? The part with the 2x2 round bricks sticking off in weird directions, I’m not too keen on those, I feel like it could use something else to add detail to it or a change in shape or something. Anyhow, it’s a pretty cool ship. Oh, and one little nerdy thought is that if the missiles are in the middle of the array at the front seems like it might create problems with the thrusters frelling some other things up.

Gaps are unavoidable with shape : Plus the manuevering thrusters are white because I wanted something contrasting to the grey and red. The missiles? Eh... aim forward while not in motion. ;)