 Space / 35757
Re: Inside the Tribunal's Shuttle Bay: PCS Paul Dirac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:49:31 GMT

In lugnet.space, Bill Pfund wrote:
   As one “in the know,” and a physics teacher, I can appreciate the Paul Dirac trivia. Good to see some science/physics types out there. Of course, most of us on .space probably wouldn’t be into space without being science/physics types. Thanks Lenny!

Bill Pfund

Originally, the shuttle was named after a certain Science Fiction author who shall now remain nameless. But when lenny told me about Paul Dirac and his accomplishments, it just seemed suitable to name the shuttle after the man who first theorized antimatter, since the Tribunal herself does have an antimatter reactor.

A little education can pop up in the most unusual places, can’t it.

Adrian