 Space / 35679
Re: Yeah, remember that big white and blue space ship at Brickfest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 19:21:09 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Adrian Drake wrote:
   I finally got the pictures of it. So you get to see it.

Dude, Adrian, that’s sick. It should be illegal to have that many bricks.

Pish. It should be illegal NOT to have that many bricks.

Thats also <adjective>ing brilliant! The detail is just stunning. And the interior of the beast is just amazing. I love the second level, for example- the piping connecting the tubs is really cool.

That actually is one of my favorite interiors on the whole ship. First is the reactor in the back, but second is all the piping on deck 2. I really love the way it turned out.

Everything good I’ve ever built could probably all cram into shuttle bay of this...

Ahh, see I’m good at building big, but building small frequently beguiles me. Not everyone can or should build at this scale :)

This MOC makes me want to go and stop work on the ‘big’ for me 40-stud ship I’m making and just go hide in a hole...

Bigger isn’t always better, you know.

Oh, and one niggle- why are most of the thumbs on your site resized to a square layout when the actual pictures are rectangular?

Because I am frightfully lazy when it comes to image manipulation and when I manually make my thumbnails I just resize them in a batch to make the thumbnails. I like the look of the equally sized thumbs, but it’s too much effort to manually crop each image to a square before resizing it.

Adrian