 Space / 35677
Re: Yeah, remember that big white and blue space ship at Brickfest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 19:17:16 GMT

In lugnet.space, Joseph Sibilia-Young wrote:

Uh...gosh...........wow. Big. You need help Drake. You used a mast from a pirate ship as a surface greeb?

Yes I do, and yes I did. What better use for a pirate mast then as an antenna?

Two questions:

1. How did you attach the slanted sides?

Which ones? The radiator panels on the spine are attached with a hex-shaped technic beam array. The window panels on the crew section simply rest in place. The lower panels have a 1x4 brick on each corner that notches behind a brick on the frame that hold the top in, and the bottom just rests on a row of bricks. The panels all stay in place easily, but remove easily too.

2. That ring at the back. How strong is it? I’ve seen those done before in sculptures.

It’s quite strong, once it’s together. Getting it built tended to be a little tricky, though.

What an interior........

Indeed.

Adrian