 Space / 34994
Re: An introduction and a question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:32:49 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
After over a year of lurking I would like to introduce myself and ask you all a
question. My name is Andrew Horvatits and I am 11 years old. I am trying to
build a capital ship like the Jr. Marshal's Kalashnikov, though not necessarily
for evil.

Hello Andrew.  Firstly, the Eastern Block is not evil.  We desire peace and
prosperity as much as the other great states of Space - however, we also strive
to promote the interests of the proletariat against the bourgeois oppressors.
So, in a sense, we are more good than PCS.

Building a ship similiar to the Kalashnikov would be an excellent endeavor,
IMHO.

I would like to know what everybody puts in their capital ships besides the
usual stuff(bridge,bunks and a bathroom). I have layed out my floorplan but am
not sure what rooms to make. With your suggestions i can make changes and
commence building.

Unfortunately, nearly every ship of mine only has the 3Bs as you put it: Bridge,
bunk and bathroom.  However, when designing a ship - consider that these men
will be living inside of it for months on hand.  They would need everything you
would need in your daily living: Kitchen, living room, play room, bathroom,
bedroom, and workroom.  Workrooms can be for anything that fits the purpose of
your ship.

The HMS Beagle http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=29338 is an excellent place to go
for ideas on what to include on a ship.

I'd also peruse Dan Jassim's fine SHIPS
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=DanJassim for general ideas.

I'm a big fan of large SHIP projects, so I can't wait to see what you come up
with!!

-Lenny

I am sorry if I made it sound as if the Eastern Block is evil. I really meant
3vil and other factions like that. Everybody has differant views and i guess
that entitles that the Eastern Block may rule as it wants to.