 Space / 35008
Re: An introduction and a question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 03:27:56 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:

   After over a year of lurking I would like to introduce myself and ask you all a question. My name is Andrew Horvatits and I am 11 years old. I am trying to build a capital ship like the Jr. Marshal’s Kalashnikov, though not necessarily for evil.

   I would like to know what everybody puts in their capital ships besides the usual stuff(bridge,bunks and a bathroom). I have layed out my floorplan but am not sure what rooms to make. With your suggestions i can make changes and commence building.

Unfortunately, nearly every ship of mine only has the 3Bs as you put it: Bridge, bunk and bathroom. However, when designing a ship - consider that these men will be living inside of it for months on hand. They would need everything you would need in your daily living: Kitchen, living room, play room, bathroom, bedroom, and workroom. Workrooms can be for anything that fits the purpose of your ship.

Welcome to .space, Andrew! I once built a lot in space until I got into Castle, but I still sometimes lurk about here.

I too suffer from building with only the three Bs. My Katheryn is all brigde and bunks and bathroom with almost nothing else: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/1445

I suggest several things while building a large ship;

1) Sketch out the ship on paper. It always helps to have a hard copy of an idea to look at.

2) Build the landing gear first. Trust me, when I built the Roderik, the worst mistake I made was to ‘tack on’ on the landing gear at the end.

3) Use only three main colors or less. Using more colors will give it the rainbow effect, and then Keith Goldman will shoot you for being a hippie.

I hope this helps!