 Space / 34751
Re: Civilian MOC Contest Entry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:06:21 GMT

In lugnet.space, Allister McLaren wrote:

Gil, you’re a legend. Leave it ‘til the last second and then boom! you hit us with this.

Seems to me there’s going to have to be a garbage handling category in the comp. That’s gotta make three or four entries in the ‘theme’.

Nice work on upping the scale and retaining that distinctive Shawesqe aesthetic too. Now go BIGGER! I like the little hover thing too, although I am intrugued how a mecha design would have looked. Strange there were no mecha entries...

Allister

Thanks!

I wish I could say the timing was planned for dramatic effect, but it was getting my thrusters in gear to finish it!

I was thinking the same with the garbarge theme....I’d love to have some sort of moonbase processing plant that could take stuff from your truck and this one...with generic dumping areas and such.

Yer such a bugger too....when I was finishing it up, one of my thoughts was..‘10 bucks Allister griefs me about it not being big enough...’ Too funny! Next one!

The mecha thing just wasn’t flying for me unfortunately....that’s a whole other building mindset I’m working on, but am not quite there yet. Heck, I couldn’t even get a gla gla going using the instructions. I mechasuck.

Thanks again for the kind words and inspiration in the form of a 1000 friendly needles :)

-G