 Space / 34749
Re: Civilian MOC Contest Entry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 14:54:36 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kyle Vrieze wrote:

Gil, I would say the RPC has Palmer-esque visual appeal. The combination of the greebs, functional details and color scheme hits that sweet spot that the best builders on Lugnet are known for. Reminds me of some of Mladen’s and Soren’s stuff, too. My only suggestion for improvement would be to break out of the horizontal plane, get some kind of action in the vertical direction, but then again, the asthetics of a garbage hauler would need to be purely functional. Thanks for building and posting!

Thanks! Comparison to Jon’s stuff is some of the best compliments a feller can get.

Interesting you mention the horizontal plane...I was thinking of that after I finished it, thinking that on profile it looks pretty flat. I toyed with the idea of rejigging the truck dock to raise or lower it, but the space wasn’t there and it looked too..tacked on. Next ship! Good comment!

Cheers, -G