 Space / 34703
Re: Civilian MOC Contest Entry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:00:55 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ley Ward wrote:

Yowza! I never thought I’d be so excited about a ‘garbage truck’, but being blown away by one thing or another here on Lugnet is something I’ve become used to on an almost daily basis...

As for what those other guys said; me too! Excellent playability and detailing, etc. It’s always encouraging to hear one of the greats mention how much they have to learn; I’m going to be taking lessons from this one too. Excellent work, Gil.

Improvements? Well, I think you should work on your braggadocio. I mean ‘lame’ doesn’t even come close to describing it. You need to start practicing now so that when you win the prize, you can say “Nana nana booboo” with authority.

Peace and trash talk,

Sweet....good marks from the Prof!

I’m so pleased to hear ‘playability’ being a reoccuring comment on this one. Lately I have been obsessed pouring over the old Space and Town catalogue models from the late 80’s, early 90’s. They are so much fun...something that I think everyone is correct in saying that the company may have drifted a bit in the last few years (although I think they are coming back into it bigtime!). I really wanted that to be my new focus too...make it fun!

As for the self props, I will say that this is one of my favroites that I’ve built to date. This place and these builders tho’...everyone has amazing stuff to contribute and I learn what I can from all of it.

I like braggadocio with a cream sauce and a peppery red wine.

Thanks again, man. -G