 Space / 32381
32380  |  32382
Subject:
PP 1444 X, my P-38 contest entry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:12:13 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Greetings .spacers,

I would like to present my entry to the P-38 Contest. Please find a comfortable chair.

Whateverly Labs has produced the PP 1444 X under contract to Improbable Industries. The propulsion system is, unfortunately, classified at this moment. Some of you may note a dearth of those weapons of which you are so fond. I assure you that if you examine the pictures closely, you will note many attachment points for the poison of your choice. Oh, and those little white tubes are simply lasers for clearing the path of asteroids and other ‘space debris’, though I’m sure some of you will have other ideas...but, really, it’s meant for the pursuit of science.

Well, there will be plenty of time for more chit-chat later. Here’s the PP 1444 X(1):

(2)

Post mod folder

You may note that the entire cockpit section rotates to allow the pilot to choose his/her notion of ‘up’ without having to re-orient the whole ship. The power source in the rear also rotates using the JBIC(3) rationale.

As I indicated here, this is another approach to that canopy that some of us love to hate. This one’s for Tony

Before anyone thinks that they missed them on BrickLink, I’d just like to point out that the old clear macaroni bricks came with my set 311 Ferry, which I bought when it came out back in the mists of time... There was much excitement when those boat hulls appeared, speaking of that old set feeling. Here I go digressing again...

PLMKWYT.

Peace and 3 dimensions,

Professor Whateverly

PS. Builder’s notes will come later, along with details of the crazy SNOT that went into the fuselage. It’s 6 ways all studs in BTW.

http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=32056 EBKD Zhukov>

Hey Jon, here’s that crummy drawing I mentioned.

(1) Feel free to do the math ;-) And, please, no PP jokes, sheesh!

(2) The teaser pic leads to the first pic. The rest are numbered in sequence to 24.

(3) Just Because It Can.