 Space / 31175
Re: Billy Bob's Scarab, a buggy prospecting ship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 00:47:23 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Ley Ward wrote: • Snip
   Well done Tony. It’s so buggy (in a good way) that I almost swatted it ;-) That cargo bay is ingenious. Way to solve that canopy ‘problem’. Great details, play value and a refreshing colour scheme.

Good thing you didn’t swat it- it isn’t the sturdiest thing I’ve ever built!

Ah yes, the eternal trade-off between solidity and moving parts. I thinks this one gains more in the coolness and play-value areas, than it loses in solidity, but then I haven’t seen it up close. At least it looks solid.

   And as for the canopy, you got it under control too. Your hinging mechanism is similar to what I used on a racer that I hope to post soon.

Hey, thanks. ‘Tis a tricky piece to be sure. but when it fits, you can’t argue with it. I look forward to seeing your racer.

Peace and moving parts,

Professor Whateverly

(sigfig trouble is temporary. Please do not adjust your set.)