 Space / 300
Re: BT2 *mostly* bites (Was: Picture of Falcon?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 16:31:25 GMT

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999 17:46:05 GMT, Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> wrote:

That theme gave us the goobered-up and utterly useless jetpack piece.  They
completey did away with the semi-morbid military black suits of BT1, in favor
of the more prozac-induced white-shirted smileys.  Few of the models were
anywhere near the quality of BT1.  The only BT2 model I remotely like is the
6887 Allien Avenger.

Like the M:tron shirts were any better?

I very much like some of the BT2 sets.  The rest look, well, clunky.

But theme-wise, it's obvious that TLG was just trading on the Blacktron name.
The ship designs, set names and the minifigs imply more military/exploration,
not invade/pillage/repeat.

BT2 sets I like:

1462 Galactic Scout
1479 (Part of value pack)