 Space / 2921
  Spaceworld v. 1.0

Hi Everyone! I have the first preliminary design complete for the Spaceworld logo. Check it out: (URL) thoughts: 1) I like "Spaceworld." Lego has always referred to the theme as "Space" so I think we should stick with it. I don't really care if it's (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spaceworld v. 1.0

(...) looks great! But here are my point of contention: 1. Rather than a blue field, I would have preferred a starfield of some kind. If it must a blue field, go much darker with it -- towards indigo. 2. There are ripples of some sort in both the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spaceworld v. 1.0

(...) We have discussed placing it on a starfield for the front page. The blue I selected only because it simulates the blue 3x6 slope that I have with the logo on it. (...) Actually, that's supposed to look like they're "shiny" or have a brushed (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spaceworld v. 1.0

(...) (URL) Mark's Lego Creations (URL) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spaceworld v. 1.0

(...) other SW packaging...NOT! If you think that the blue and brown are reflections of anything but sky and ground from a planet surface -- well, you're just not facing the facts of how this air-brushed chrome look came about. Trust me on this. I (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spaceworld v. 1.0

(...) I'm aware of how the airbrushed chrome look came about. I was simply making a point that even the Star Wars folks have used the sky-and-ground chrome effect. Like I said, it's still being decided whether to use it. ~Mark (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spaceworld v. 1.0

Thanks Mladen. Oh come on, now. You can't tell me the thought of Mladen's Planet-O-Mecha isn't attractive to you. ;^) ~Mark (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spaceworld v. 1.0

I'm not really into this SpaceWorld idea yet, but I really think this logo is appropriate for the website you guys wanna start. Excellent job Mark! (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spaceworld v. 1.0

(...) That's the worst argument for a doing a thing as I've ever heard. So because some nut in the art department for *gizmo* toys decides its cool to do chrome lettering this way, you follow suit? You can do better than that, Mark! In fact, i've (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spaceworld v. 1.0

I've been kinda out of it recently. What is going on here with this spaceworld thing? Is it just going to be a site with a starmap with various regions linking to peoples space sites? Or is going to be more homogeneous than that? What do I do to get (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Spaceworld v. 1.0

Hi Pat, I think the goal is to create a sort of site akin to Castle World, where people can bring their creations together to exist in a more closely-knit "galaxy." I'm sure there will be links to websites, but I think it would also be fun to have (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Spaceworld v. 1.0

(...) Well right now yes, BUT! we are open to suggestions for what we want to include! (...) Maybe... See above (...) Well to join nothing right now... we are working on pages and such now and will formally announce memberships soon! To help out on (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Spaceworld v. 1.0

(...) Thanks for the vote of confidence. I didn't say that's why *I* did the chrome thing. I already said a couple posts ago that I just tossed it in there to make it look flashy.... but anyway. (...) Ok, I'm sorry if I over-reacted to anything. (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spaceworld v. 1.0

Well now that you mention it... hmmm... ;-) (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spaceworld v. 1.0 - Logo

Mark, Well, I like the logo, and the lettering, it gives it a nice look. Outside of using the strict white lettering of the Classic series, I think it is appropriate for the site. The only other thing it might be is a techy look, but those are (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spaceworld v. 1.0

(...) Actually, I feel very strongly about hosting the space station. Now, to con the builders into giving us instant publicit- err, uhh... I meant to Politely ask the builders to allow us to be a hub for their work, thereby , promoting cooperation (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Spaceworld v. 1.0

I like it just the way it is. Jason (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Spaceworld v. 1.0

(...) somehow can't do things better than perfect. Let me tell you- The logo is perfect! I can't wait to have the M-tron commandos/UFO/Rock Raiders war showing up as one of the many worlds of Spaceworld. -Dave (URL) of the M-tron Commandos (24 years ago, 26-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)