 Space / 2945
Re: Spaceworld v. 1.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 20:53:49 GMT

From: "richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com>

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
I'm aware of how the airbrushed chrome look came about. I was simply making
a point that even the Star Wars folks have used the sky-and-ground chrome
effect.

That's the worst argument for a doing a thing as I've ever heard.  So because
some nut in the art department for *gizmo* toys decides its cool to do chrome
lettering this way, you follow suit?  You can do better than that, Mark! In
fact, i've seen you do better by far -- even on your own website.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I didn't say that's why *I* did the
chrome thing. I already said a couple posts ago that I just tossed it in
there to make it look flashy.... but anyway.

Hey, I'm someone who has been in awe of much of your lego art for months now -
I'm just trying to provide constructive criticism. I am sorry if I adopted an
overly arch attitude in discussing your proposed logo.  I was trying to help.

Ok,  I'm sorry if I over-reacted to anything. Constructive criticism is
fine... I suppose it's easy to take things personally when you make it
yourself, so I'm trying to maintain an even trajectory here.

I think the overall logo idea is a good one, but it could use some tweaking.
If others are happy with it, you can disregard my comments.

Generally, I think you have the right of it.

-- Richard

Thanks. I'm collecting opinions about it, and I'm sure it will receive a
tweak or two before it goes public.

~Mark

--
Mark's Lego Creations