 Space / 2921
2920  |  2922
Subject:
Spaceworld v. 1.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:46:11 GMT

Hi Everyone!

I have the first preliminary design complete for the Spaceworld logo.

Check it out:

http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego/spaceworld.jpg

My thoughts:

1) I like "Spaceworld." Lego has always referred to the theme as "Space" so
I think we should stick with it. I don't really care if it's not totally
grammatically correct (ie worlds, universe, etc.). It's short, sweet,
concise. It's easy to remember. Since the URLs seem to be reserved, we were
considering space_world.com. It's not perfect, but it would work.

2) I like the Classic Space logo. No logo sticks in my mind as well as this
logo, because it was THE Space logo for what... 12, 13 years? It's also
universal, and it doesn't compartmentalize the site as would Blacktron,
MTron, etc.

3) There is no 3.

4) If you can guess where the font for "Spaceworld" came from, you get an
"A" on today's pop quiz...

Answer: The Adobe version of this font is called Eurostile Extended Two. It
is  (or is very nearly) the same font used on the earliest Classic Space
ships for "LL 928" etc.

Anyway, those are my reasons for this particular design. It is just a
preliminary, so I'd like to hear some feedback. I will probably work on some
other ideas as well.

~Mark

--
Mark's Lego Creations