 Space / 2948
Re: Spaceworld v. 1.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 22:54:44 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kyle Keppler writes:
In lugnet.space, Patrick Justison writes:
I've been kinda out of it recently.  What is going on here with this
spaceworld thing?  Is it just going to be a site with a starmap with various
regions linking to peoples space sites?
Well right now yes, BUT! we are open to suggestions for what we want to
include!
Or is going to be more homogeneous
than that? • Maybe... See above
What do I do to get involved?
Well to join nothing right now... we are working on pages and such now and
will formally announce memberships soon!  To help out on the page or images or
such just reply and tell us what you want to help with. Right now Pearson,
Mark, and I are brainstorming layouts, and mark is desighning the logo.
And what ever happened to Armstrong Space station? • It's still alive...
Will it be in space world?
If you want it to be, in fact thats a very good idea! It could be a shared
scruture among all the memebers of the world...
Enough questions?
YES!!!

Kyle

--
http://hifiki.tripod.com

Pat J aka 'Curious Pat'
www.plscp.com

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
Hi Everyone!

I have the first preliminary design complete for the Spaceworld logo.

Check it out:

http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego/spaceworld.jpg

My thoughts:

1) I like "Spaceworld." Lego has always referred to the theme as "Space" so
I think we should stick with it. I don't really care if it's not totally
grammatically correct (ie worlds, universe, etc.). It's short, sweet,
concise. It's easy to remember. Since the URLs seem to be reserved, we were
considering space_world.com. It's not perfect, but it would work.

2) I like the Classic Space logo. No logo sticks in my mind as well as this
logo, because it was THE Space logo for what... 12, 13 years? It's also
universal, and it doesn't compartmentalize the site as would Blacktron,
MTron, etc.

3) There is no 3.

4) If you can guess where the font for "Spaceworld" came from, you get an
"A" on today's pop quiz...

Answer: The Adobe version of this font is called Eurostile Extended Two. It
is  (or is very nearly) the same font used on the earliest Classic Space
ships for "LL 928" etc.

Anyway, those are my reasons for this particular design. It is just a
preliminary, so I'd like to hear some feedback. I will probably work on some
other ideas as well.

~Mark

Actually, I feel very strongly about hosting the space station. Now, to con
the builders into giving us instant publicit- err, uhh... I meant to Politely
ask the builders to allow us to be a hub for their work, thereby , promoting
cooperation among lego space goers! (From now on to be known as SFOLs :) )Ya,
now THAT sounded convincing...

Pearson