 Space / 29068
Re: 4 new ships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:06:22 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Alexander Zwagerman wrote:
   Hello all!

I’ve been building for a couple of weeks now, but I only took time to photograph my new stuff this weekend. So without further ado four new ships:

Please, do let me know what you think!

Nice and compact. Well done. Needs landing gear, though (or apparatus to dock to a landing cradle, maybe?).

It has landing gear! Admittedly it is even smaller than the gear on the DC Fighter. Just look at this picture: with the gear retracted or click on the Vayu page and select the last but one picture.

I agree with Mark, it needs something on the front. Is there a docking attachment? That would be cool. Something to make the design more interesting.

The drawback of using these quarter cylinder pieces is that you dont have much possibilities to work out details on the outside. I will come up with a second generation tanker, though!

The shape is good, needs another colour in the colour scheme though. Hinged wings would ahve been cool too. Good to see landing gear (even if they are a little small!).

thanx. I had some black in it before, but that didn’t work. The hinged wings didn’t work out either. It was too difficult to either maintain structural integrity or keep within the one-stud thickness to keep it swooshable... The landing gear is small, I agree, but large enough for you to spot at least. Take a closer look at the Vayu...

This is cool, if there was anything I’d say maybe you could organise the grey and white better... but I guess that depends on what parts you have available.

The grey was whipped on as an afterthought, really. It was an all-white creation originally, but it lacked something.

Cheers,

Thanx! Alexander Ceres Spaceworks