 Space / 28337
  Vintage Mecha

This is an early design mecha that was developed before a stable walking system was devised. This one is still in use, many years after the majority of those of a similar vintage were scrapped. It is employed as a spaceport support vehicle on far (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Vintage Mecha

Oops. Forgot to post to .mecha (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: Vintage Mecha

Very nice mecha! The colors, the shapes, the back-engineering... this could almost be considered PCS, couldn't it? I really like the fingers on the right hand, and I'm impressed with your solution to the outer tread cover... well done indeed. Its (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Vintage Mecha

(...) Hey, how weird is this? I happened to be looking at your ozbricks and brickshelf folders for no particular reason just today, and now this post! You've built some really cool things recently (?). A lot of my praise derives from your using (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Vintage Mecha

(...) Nice background info and really nice model! I really like the tread configuration..it took me a moment to figure out how you did it, and another moment to bang my head on the desk asking, "Why didn't I think of that??" Way cool stuff to look (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Vintage Mecha

(...) Very cool. The detail on this mecha are awesome too.. you've taken leaps and bounds from your first mecha. The dual treads are pretty cool too never would have thought of that. The slanted cockpit, the tool shed on the back, the tanks on the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Vintage Mecha

(...) Hey Allister! Man you have really excelled yourself here! This mech catches the feel of maintenance robots beautifully and reminds me of the Aliens Power Loader. Excellent job of the tread system - I think that this is the first time I have (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Vintage Mecha

(...) Awesome mecha, dude. Sweet hatch design, sweet toolbox on back, sweet tread design, sweet sweet suhhhhhweet. Kind of like that robot from the "Lost In Space" remake but arbitrarily, uhh, sweeter. I think we're in danger of becoming diabetic. (...) (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Vintage Mecha

(...) If you like. I'm not deliberately thinking in scecific PCS terms any more - I found it too hard to emulate someone else's style. However, I'm still not over my love affair with white, and the retro style certainly is a result of PCS in my (...) (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Vintage Mecha

(...) What you can't see is that I didn't have enough frictionless 3l pins, so the treads don't actually turn... yet. (...) Thanks. Allister (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Vintage Mecha

(...) Thanks. The treads were originally going to be the feet on some stumpy legs, but it proved to be too fragile and the whole thing had to become more simple and utilitarian - to it's benefit I believe. BTW, the tanks are mounted on the torso, (...) (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Vintage Mecha

(...) The treads really need the right setting to not look too naff. Gil Shaw did a (URL) nice one>, and surely you can't have forgotten my (URL) Moonbase Bus> ;) I like that hand design too, but it's time to think up a new one for the next mech. (...) (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Vintage Mecha

(...) Thanks Paul. Sweet is good, right? Allister (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Vintage Mecha

(...) Try searching under FLCL. There are episodes on file sharing networks like kazaa. It aired on Cartoon Network's Adultswim their are only 6 episodes but I found it highly fascinating. (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Vintage Mecha

(...) Hey, this is great! I like the window design A LOT. And the sculptering of this MOC is great... love the styling and details. And I like the way the hand was done, too. You've gone a long way, since you first posted here. Wish I could say the (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Vintage Mecha

(...) This is an excellent build, Allister. There are so many elements to this that are excellent innovations. The overall look and old mech feel is great, but the building techniques really make it for me. The hinged as unit cockpit is a novel (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)