 Space / 27774
Re: Quick review of 7470 Space Shuttle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 00:23:25 GMT

On 00.15 9/3/2003 +0000, Joe Meno wrote

In lugnet.space, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.space, Huw Millington wrote:

Apparently, according to the UK LEGO club magazine, it is model of the
Hubble Telescope, not just any old satellite...

I think that's what Brad J. said at BW 2003 too.

BTW I was at the mall in Pensacola FL on Friday and popped into a • Discovery Zone
store, I was happy to see that they actually were carrying these sets. • Now if
the Smithsonian could also be convinced to carry them in NASM!

I went there before Brickfest and discovered shelves of Best-Lock plane
models!
I was pretty bummed.

Speaking of places LEGO should be, I just got back from a holiday at Kitty
Hawk, NC. The whole place is all abuzz about the upcoming centenial of
flight... all the stores had something with the wright brother's plane on
it... And on the shelves were Best-Lock wright brother planes :-/

They were little bitty sets, like $10. And they just looked cheap... But
they were everywhere down there, and no where to be found was the LEGO
Wright Flyer...

Big potential market being missed there. Sad. And its not cost, I saw a
couple buy a _very_ expensive Wright Flyer kite just to hang in their
living room... I bet they would have bought a LEGO kit...

oh well

---
wubwub
aka  stephen f roberts

wildbrick.com  -  Jain's Guide : Promoting more than just the MOC