 Space / 27773
Re: It's not easy building in green...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 01:02:45 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Joe Meno wrote:
   Hi all,

After Brickfest, I was in the recovery mode and took care of the August NCLUG meeting.

During the meeting Cary Clark gave out his monthly Useless Part, which was:

a shuttle wing

Now, to me, this is not a useless part, but a Limited Use part..the Useless Part he gave that was really useless was this part he gave three months ago:

this electric light thingie

Well, the Useless Part Challenge was on, and well, while I wasn’t successful with the light thingie, I wanted to use the wings (I got three - Thanks Cary!) And I had a seed of an idea, which gave me another parameter to use. I wanted to use green, since I have a large amount that is rather unused by me.

The end result of this is:

the Knight Enterprises Rear Mounted Interstellar Transport!

Thanks for proving once again that there’s no such thing as a useless part with this excellent MOC. I love it. It looks supremely swooshable, and the extra playablilty of the detachable sled is a winner. My 5yo son* would love to play with this, and that’s about the highest commendation I can give.

Allister

* The 5yo boy approval test is the benchmark for models around my place. Usually I fail it, but I keep trying ;)