 Space / 25398
Re: Quick review of 7470 Space Shuttle (plus lamenting STAMPs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 05:15:13 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul S. D'Urbano wrote:
In lugnet.space, Huw Millington wrote:
I received this from S@H yesterday and finished building it today. • [ snip -- well done review ]
You can see pictures at
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=47319 when moderated.

SNIP

The one thing about this set that's eating at me are the stickers.
Unfortunately, most of the stickers that go on the shuttle are
Stickers-Across-Multiple-Pieces (STAMPs)...

SNIP

Regards,
Paul D.

(cross-posted to .general for a broader audience on my STAMP lamenting)

I've successfully used a pen knife AFTER I've applied the stickers to separate
the sticker into it's brick-appropriate separations.  You don't have to push the
blade hard at all, and the seam between bricks guides the cut.  actually, i
think i successfilly separated the stickers with my fingernail too (as long as
they're not too thick/plastic-covered glossy).  i had no problems damaging the
bricks, etc.  I suppose for a super clean cut, one could use an exacto blade.

Jeff, also STAMP-phobic