 Space / 27608
Re: New MOC: "Paveway" Missile Boat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:22:06 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mladen Pejic wrote:

Click on Image

This MOC was greatly inspired by the Gunstar (Mark Sandlin did a wicked model of it a while back, I was *so* jealous :-D) from the movie “The Last Starfighter”. A lot of other influences are in this model also.

Basically, I wanted to make a spacecraft that was kinda like today’s high-performance military aircraft. I wanted it to carry a good variety of ordnance and also have avionics pods on the sides. The bubble cockpit is another feature that I felt was apt for this spacecraft. It would provide great situational awareness, and further aid the pilot in target acquisition.

Also, I used Chris Snead’s hinge stiffening technique in the main body of the missile boat. Thanks Chris!

Enjoy!

Mladen Pejic

Far out Mladen! (both literally and spacially ;) )

You have captured my brain’s concept of what a space missile boat would be like perfectly. Perfect size. Your usual groovy colour scheme. Other than the reconfigurable weapons loadout, My favourite element is the sensors on the ends of the red pods and maneuvering thrusters. Your engines also look very groovy. My only negative comment is the use of trans light blue for the cockpit canopy. That colour doesn’t really flow with a black/red/yellow design aesthetic - the trans smoke canopies may have looked much better.

Just out of interest, how long does it take you to build something like this or the avenger? I find that larger models take me days of full on building or weeks otherwise.

Man, all of these cool models lately are really raising the bar. I’d better get off my butt and finish my latest model before the bar raises too much ;)

Great to see this space stuff from you Mladen - hoping to see more!

Keep up the good work,

Zac