 Space / 27683
Re: New MOC: "Paveway" Missile Boat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2003 15:53:27 GMT

Sweet! This thing is awesome.

I love it when the ship is fit onto the weapons rather than the weapons being fit onto the ship. =^D

This is so cool. As everyone has come to expect from you, the weapons are definitely the highlight. All the interchangeable goodies are drool worthy!

That cockpit is sweet, if only the divers sets came with smoke canopies, the blue looks good with the colour scheme too though. The colours are fine, I just think they take away from some of the Paveways manliness. ;^)

Awesome work, my favourite part of this is the idea of a small ship being able to launch eight (!) massive missiles at one target at once. =^D

This would be a heck of a lota fun in a video game. =^P

later

-Geordan

In lugnet.space, Mladen Pejic wrote:

Click on Image

This MOC was greatly inspired by the Gunstar (Mark Sandlin did a wicked model of it a while back, I was *so* jealous :-D) from the movie “The Last Starfighter”. A lot of other influences are in this model also.

Basically, I wanted to make a spacecraft that was kinda like today’s high-performance military aircraft. I wanted it to carry a good variety of ordnance and also have avionics pods on the sides. The bubble cockpit is another feature that I felt was apt for this spacecraft. It would provide great situational awareness, and further aid the pilot in target acquisition.

Also, I used Chris Snead’s hinge stiffening technique in the main body of the missile boat. Thanks Chris!

Enjoy!

Mladen Pejic