 Space / 27150
Re: What I Think May Be Correct (Was Re: (not quite) Looking at Mars)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 17:04:55 GMT

In lugnet.space, Dan Mattia wrote:
   I don’t know about the movements of the telescope, but about the lenses. If the lenses are similar to a microscope’s (I’ve learned about microscopes last year in school, which was torture, but I did good), the higher the number, the more magnified. If the base lens is say, 10, and the objectives are 100, you multiply 10*100 to get 1000X magnifiction.

Dan, Oh...duh...here’s your reply!!! 8>) I should have read the whole thread first. I’m not sure if it works that way or not, but maybe I’ll spend some time this weekend playing around with it to see if it’s the same as microscope lenses. I’m not sure what you mean by ‘objectives of 100’, though...would that be the front (immobile) lens of the telescope, the 50mm one? Thanks for your reply!

Peace and Long Life, Tony