 Space / 25189
Re: Rule No. 1 (was CT-150 Industrial Transport Shuttle)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 06:46:43 GMT

"Paul Baulch" <paul.baulch@SPAMLESSatari.com> wrote in message

One thing I've noticed in all these years in .space, is that there's an
overwhelming tendency for the best MOCs to have the fewest open areas of • exposed
studs, be they covered with greeblies, tiles, slopes, thinwalls or any • sort of
contouring/texturing really. Hmm, how's that for Rule No.1 of the Space
Builder's Manual? "Where there are studs, thou shalt put stuff instead".

That's an interesting point and I'm curious how many agree with that.  It
does seem true that a lot of the more interesting models these days do seem
to have fewer studs showing, but I wonder if it's become a rule?  I still
think a lot of classic space still looks cool, even though there are studs
all over the place.

Anyone care to prove that this rule, like all, was made to be broken?  ;)

-- Tom