 Space / 24122
Re: The best thing to ever happen to lego...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 23:03:50 GMT

In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun wrote:
If you mean the 1/2-canopy part itself, it's well-known,
if only from the 2002 Ep II Slave I (where they are in
both sand-green and dark blue).

     Geez, I just now noticed that the same pieces come 2x each in the RC Nitro
Flash in light-green.  I feel blind...

And while the idea of an "expandable canopy system" is
very, very neat, I noticed that the "middle" sections
still have partial sides (about a brick in depth).  But
I like the rounded-slope system, because you could take
those together with the new bullet-train canopy and get
some very, very odd geometries.

     I believe I mentioned something about the partial sidewalls, but I'm also
fairly certain that the "new" bullet-train canopy is the same one that was
introduced with the second wave of Alpha Team sets and the concurrent wave of
Racers sets.  In other words, it's been kicking around for about a year now.