 Space / 24111
Re: The best thing to ever happen to lego...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 20:35:25 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Hartzog wrote:
Ok,
I'm really psyched.
All my life I've lamented the fact that lego canopies
have sides on them, so that if you wanted to build a
wide spacecraft cockpit you would have these trans
walls hanging down inside (not counting the curved
trans from UFO series)

Ok, so....

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?prod_id=4589

shows the Nitro Flash green remote control Racer
that just happens to have two trans-smoke curved slope 1/2 canopies.

and

http://f24.parsimony.net/forum61776/messages/58783.htm

shows the new 2003 set
4403 Air Blazers 698pc $49.99
the big red helicopter
(you have to scroll down the page to view it)

but notice that the canopies are
4 wide trans-smoke curved canopies, i.e. a new piece.
you can also see them here
http://www.fbtb.net/ny2003/4403copter.JPG

according to this post
http://news.lugnet.com/modelteam/?n=943
the new set(s) are in Model Team
but there is no mention of them on lego.com
even though I have a print catalog that has all three of them
(4402, 4403, 4404)

so here's my question:
does anyone know anything about these sets/pieces
I DEFINITELY DEFINITELY will by some from the
first person who has them (reasonable price plz)
as long as they sell me two of the 1/2 canopies as well

really, I want those

and I hope that some of our .space builders make
some neat ships using this idea.

much happy
:-)

-paul

oh and while i'm at it

shows another new canopy that I'm interested in....

anybody got one?

-paul