 Space / 23732
  PCS Gets a move on....

Spacers: Now declassifying a new vessel class. The P.E.Li.C.A.N. Planetary Expedition Light Cargo Astro Navigation. (URL) PELiCAN is to become the backbone of colonization in this sector. The PELiCAN can transport sensitive cargo with a soft touch. (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.space) !

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

Cool. It has a real feeling of large mass and utility. Nice work. (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

(...) Hey Chris, Absoultely beautiful! The way that you have vertically elongated the PCS design looks superb. I love the cargo doors and ramp, but my only gripe is that she is maybe a bit too greebled - or the greebles don't have that 'under the (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

On 04.39 5/17/2003 +0000, Chris Giddens wrote (...) minutes studying the pics marveling at the great form/function of this model! The write up is perfect! That is one cool MOC! (mind if I paste it into Jains? wildbrick.com) (...) --- wubwub aka (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

Very cool. I love the blunt look with the opening clamshell thing at the front. Reminds me of the cargo airplanes we use today. I like the interior of this ship. The retracting bed is a nice touch. And I dig the hatch- I'm a sucker for hatches. And (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

Hey Admiral, that ship looks awesome! It reminds me of this ship: (URL) greebling looks good and the colors are great! Does that flat piece (not the curved one from Droid Escape) under the cockpit have custom printing? If so how do you do that? Keep (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

(...) Sure, go ahead! Thanks for the compliments. Admiral Giddens <>< (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

Stickers. Admiral Giddens <>< (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

(...) Admiral, This vessel is a beau! You and your clever acronyms. Keep it up! I love the various curves and those tiled angled engines are stellar! (Actually do you have any more white tiles having made this??) Every large vessel needs a control (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

Great ship Chris! I loved the way this ship has a big belly for a cargo and that it opens so well in front. It reminded me of this refugee ship in SW II AOTC on a much smaller scale. A whole month without building? PCS is doomed... Love, Sylvi (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  presenting the worlds worst MOC, an experience in TTR

i have been lurking around for a very long time [1.5 years] and i have finally decided it it time to post. Presenting the asteroid explorer. the asteroid explorer is designed to fly around searching for asteroids and comments. when it finds them the (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

(...) Interesting design. How to put decent landing gear on it though...? (...) I honestly think it's got enough greeblies already. I mean look at it, there's greeblies all over! Also, perhaps you might consider swapping the printed curved panels on (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

(...) The clear canopy is awesome, the pilot must have a great view. Thanks, George (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

Oh my, this is the best one yet, very nice form (i know where you got it ;-) and the engines are very very cool as usual i'm really speechless. its not that there is so much to comment on in your mocs, as the fact that they really mesh together in (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

(...) Ya, no interior pics yet. I'm tryin to get this mass sort finished before I do any more buildin'/photoin'/ etc. That's why the Pelican is in 90% completeness stage and presented with half the pics. I wanted to go ahead and get it out and kinda (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

(...) Thanks. I have a good supply of white tiles, but it has taken a hit lately. The hatch leads to the cargo area and there's also (unphotographed) an airlock on the back. There was a purposeful attempt to make this look like a sister craft to the (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

(...) Platonic I hope.... Thanks for the compliments. Yes that ship was on the brain when I built it. I hope PCS will survive. I still enjoy buildin' the sub theme. Hope you folks are still likin' it. If not lemme know (Doesn't mean I'll stop). ;-) (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

(...) Ya, the Grand Admiral sketched me out a cool plan for the gear. I'll install those before fest. The big challenge is the balance on the craft. The aft is heavier than I planned. (...) Ya, I considered the plain panels. I swapped em out 2 or 3 (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

(...) Thank ya Paul, and yes, you're right. It's SW meets DP9 meets lego. The tying of the theme together has been really fun. I had the SPLANG, HOPLAB and PELiCAN all together on a table... it was neat to compare them together. I'm keepin' these (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

(...) PCS is awesome. For several reasons, first being the simply elegant designs. second, altho heavy on white bricks, it is good to see creations that stress something other than grey. and with eastern block's emphasis on red, it really helps open (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

(...) Better Red than Dead... (...) Sounds Communist... (...) PINKO! (...) Try gettin' the smaler ones. They's 'spensive. CAPITALST PIG... no wait, that's me. (...) Glad to have you as an honorable opponent. ;-) Admiral Giddens <>< (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

(...) JUST?!?! That's it corporal whateveryoucallyours...f....fleeb duty , next 2 millennia. Enjoy. ;) Cheers, -G (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: presenting the worlds worst MOC, an experience in TTR

Uggg, I hate thread-hacking. Just being part of the community will get you far more feedback then thread-hacking, which seems to be happening a lot recently. (Nothing against you, Zak. I've almost done it too. Just keep building and eventually you (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

(...) Thanks. I appreciate the complients! And, ya it may be too greebled (except for aft), but since this is more of an "industrial" ship I stayed away from some of the PCS smooth on top/pipes on bottom routine and stuck em wherever they would fit. (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

(...) Well actually I meant that I thought the printed panels would look good if swapped _over_ onto the aft end of the ship where the plain ones currently are... to help the aft area look less plain. But then maybe you tried that too... whatever (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

(...) Chris, Speaking of Cargo Loaders... since I have been working on a Marsbase Module warehouse and loading platform (one that would fit the PELiCAN well)... do you have any plans of doing PCS bases or ground vehicles. I know PCS is still (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

(...) Yeah, I got sketches for Moonbase Modules and vehicles and much much more. Yes there's even plans and a start on a PCS long range cap ship (I tore that up to start over on it again). The Eastern Block even has plans of an Arctic launch site (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: PCS Gets a move on....

(...) 2 millenia? don't you think that's just a bit harsh. oh well, beats the gulag! <grabs fleebnork blowtorch> "roxanne! oh yeah! you don gotta put on dat red light tonight! baby!" -jr.mar.l.a.hoffman eastern block cosmos directorate, currently on (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.space)