 Space / 23732
23731  |  23733
Subject:
PCS Gets a move on....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 17 May 2003 04:39:11 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Spacers:

Now declassifying a new vessel class.  The P.E.Li.C.A.N.  Planetary
Expedition Light Cargo Astro Navigation.

The PELiCAN is to become the backbone of colonization in this sector. The
PELiCAN can transport sensitive cargo with a soft touch.  But, she is fast
enough to outrun many attack craft.  She also can be equiped to be a troop
transport, science vessel, and temporary command base for new colonies.

This class is being released in beta mode and rushed into service.  This due
to the need to further our efforts into space colonization in response to
the Eastern Block.   An upgrade to landing gear and power systems will be
coming in the service version, as well as weapons.  (As per advice of Grand
Admiral Sandlin).

Her first mission transported an Eastern Block defector from Stalag 14 on
Pluto into friendly space.

Please Let Me Know What You Think of this new craft.

Admiral Giddens <><

P.S.  Yes this isn't fully complete, there is a lot of outer detail and
greeblie that I need to do.  Also the landing gear is at the best... sucky.

P.P.S  I'm takin about a month break from building to sort.  It's gotta
happen if I'm to get anything ready for Brickfest.  So you soldiers keep the
PCS fires burnin!!