 Space / 22228
Re: SP1 Rebel Hunter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 23:56:38 GMT

In lugnet.space, Andrew Verner writes:
What started out as an attempt to build #6897 Rebel Hunter in SP1 colors,
eventually became a complex MLCAD project... which I have to wait a few
weeks to build in real life because I didn't actually own all the needed
parts.  Hmm.  But anyway... What I've designed, and will eventually build,
is a SP1 version of the Rebel Hunter, the design of which I have modified to
be more in keeping with the style of the SP1 sets.  It was a much more
involved redesign than I had planned; the Rebel Hunter is essentially a set
designed designed around a gimmick (the cell holding mechanism), and since
the SP1 cells work differently and even have a different traditional
location, that meant that from the cockpit backward this had to be almost
completely redesigned.  So now I look at it and wonder if I should have just
designed an original model from the ground up.  Oh, well.

Well, it looks like a good design. The Rebel Hunter was always one of my
favourite sets.
I have one request: could you please make the background a light colour?
With that black background it's hard to see detail.

Cheers,
Paul