 Space / 21828
Re: It's time to party at the Moonbase
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 05:07:16 GMT

Boy, you've really raised the bar on this one Adrian. This takes the
moonbase beyond mere Lego models into pure Art. In a way I miss all the
external activity you've put in your other modules, but in this one they'd
only distract me from the pure beauty of that trans-green and black
masterpiece, (all the activity inside makes up for it anyway).

It must be a bugger to get that roof on and off though.

Allister

In lugnet.announce.moc, Adrian Drake writes:
Everyone at the Moonbase has to go somewhere to relax and party, right?

The genesis of this project was at Brickswest 2003, where Derek Schin and I
were hanging out at the Maniac shop, messing around with the parts bins.
There were a bunch of those trans-green octagonal canopy pieces, and we were
just fussing with them, laying them out in various patterns to see what
might work, when I struck on the idea to use technic pieces to tie them all
together.  Well, I had to buy a few and go through with the inspiration, and
lo, this is the result.  Enjoy!

http://www.brickfrenzy.com/ground_darkside.html

Adrian
--