 Space / 21878
Re: It's time to party at the Moonbase
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 22:35:22 GMT

In lugnet.space, Adrian Drake writes:

That would be quite a trick.  The geometry of Lego technic, at least the new
pieces, is pretty limited.  Now if you used the old style technic parts with
the half connectors with those little teeth on them, you might be able to
accomplish something pretty nifty. But that's for someone else to experiment
with :)

Actually the teeth on those parts are set in 15° increments, so they work
basically the same as the new ones, but don't look as cool and are more
fiddly to work with and require more parts per joint. Just thought I'd
mention that before anyone tried it.

Apart from that, to make a reasonably strong sphere this way, you'd need
three way connectors with each axle hole at 60° to the others. I an't help
thinking of a myriad of uses for such a part, but alas it doesn't exist. If
anyone knows how to make just a joint relatively simply, please let me know.

Cheers,
Allister