 Space / 21860
Re: It's time to party at the Moonbase
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 18:36:34 GMT

In lugnet.space, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
Adrian,

That's just freakin' cool.  How solid is the roof when you take it off?  how
are those black 2x2 tiles suspended between the trans green octagonal elements?

Bruce

The roof is very solid.  I typically grab it by one of the technic beams
right in the center when I'm pulling it off, and hold it by just that.  The
windows, on the other hand...

At the corner of each of the roof domes, there's the bottom half of a 1x2
brick hinge (the way these canopies are usually mounted).  To that I
attached a 2x3 plate to fill the hole underneath the canopy.  On top of that
goes a 2x2 brick and the tile.  IF I remember, I can take a picture when I
get home of the strength of the roof and how it looks from the underside.

Thanks
Adrian
--
http://www.brickfrenzy.com