 Space / 21466
Re: How would you move a planet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 04:35:30 GMT

"Jon Palmer" <jon@zemi.net> wrote in message news:HABBIM.81H@lugnet.com...
Unlike my earlier post about the cables and reels, this does not directly
have anything to do with an upcoming MOC, but I thought it would be a fun
discussion nonetheless...

The William Randolph Hearst Method:
    Take it apart piece by piece and put it back together where you want it.

The Relativity Method:
    Leave the planet where it is.  Move the rest of the Universe.

The Star Trek method:
    Generate a static warp field around the planet, thus lowering its mass
to the point where it can be tractored away (or something like that--I
forget the particular episode).

The Hitch Hiker's Guide method:
    Simply wait.  Though highly improbable, it's not impossible that the
planet could simply disappear and reapear where you want it.

The Back to the Future Method:
on a butterfly while you're at it), then come back.

The Off-Campus Apartment Method:
    Park it in a reserved parking spot.  It'll be towed within 10 minutes
without fail.

Okay, I think I've exhausted my supply of planet moving theories.  But you
were right, this was fun!  ;)

        -- Tom