 Space / 21248
MOC: Pre Classic Jump Lander & an experiment....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:26:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Greetings!

My first attempt as somthing in the Pre Classic theme....

http://home.cogeco.ca/~gtoradoch/Misc/misc_pcsjump.htm

Now, for the experiment part.

After reading the recent discussions on critiques and their effects and
value in the forum, I was wondering was I do with constructive criticism
towards my MOCs.  I often receive such critiques, as we all do, and they are
appreciated in the spirit they are given....but what do I do with them?  I
have I ever gone back and altered a finished model, trying to incorporate
suggestions that I thought could enhance the design?  Have I built
variations on it afterwards, incorporating the suggestions?  Does spaghetti
really grow on trees?

Certainly I can say that I have learned from other builder's suggestions and
have incorporated them into later,different models, and have asked for
opinions during construction or planning, producing a better design thanks
to their input.  I don't think however that I've tried to improve a finished
design.

So, this one will be an experiment.  As always, all comments are welcome and
appreciated, but perhaps turn your critical eyes a little more towards this
one.  Once it's been out in the wild for a while and hopefully some notes
have come back, I'd like to take a look at it again and incoporate some of
the ideas suggested.  As we all know, we build for ourselves and our own
satisfaction so your critiques may be applicable or might not be depending
on how they mesh with the model.  This is a true community of artists -
people who inspire, educate and ground one another.  I would attribute much
of my enjoyment and personal satisfaction with the Brick to the silent
tuteledge of all the builders here.  I see this experiment as yet another
lesson for me...let the class begin!

Cheers,
-Gil