 Space / 21247
Re: Splaf! a Pre Classic Space add on.... POD!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:03:26 GMT

These acronyms totally crack me up...'specailly the hibernation one :)

Again, this little baby really looks the part Chris.  The little details on
the pod itself are excellent, such as the breather cord and 2x2 round
printed 'computer' brick on the interior....gives that cramped, NASA feeling.

Also, I quite like the look of it docked in the US FLY - the additionaly
engine reminds me of the STS' main thrusters in array with the SRB's.

PCS continues!

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.announce.moc, Chris Giddens writes:
Hi all,

The Uranium Search Flyer ( http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=21069 )has the
ability to support many science platforms.  The first of which is the
S.T.A.R. Pod.  (Ship Toting A Rock Pod).  This Pod is piloted by a specialy
trained and conditioned PCSfig who wears a state of the art
rebreather/stasis helmet system that allows for hybernation on long
excursions.  (Sleepy Time After Research Pod).

The S.T.A.R. Pod supports the recon mission of the US FLY by taking samples
of minerals at the surface and going in to small craters and caverns on
asteroids.  There are dangerous missions and the pilots must have great
skill (Sample Then Ascend Rapidly Pod)

Landing in the S.T.A.R. Pod and personal excursions are possible.  The pilot
is connected to the ship and life support via umbilical attached to the
helmet.  Reattaching the pod door is challenging for the pilot and will be
fixed in the next model.

Soooo, here's the S.T.A.R Pod:
before moderation
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/legoober/PCSUranium/POD/pcsuspod1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/legoober/PCSUranium/POD/pcsuspod5.jpg

after moderation

The S.T.A.R. Pod was replaced in the classic age by the
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6822

as alwasy PLMKWYT

Chris <><
SPACE.