 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 839
838  |  840
Subject:
Splaf! a Pre Classic Space add on.... POD!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 21:33:03 GMT

Hi all,

The Uranium Search Flyer ( http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=21069 )has the
ability to support many science platforms.  The first of which is the
S.T.A.R. Pod.  (Ship Toting A Rock Pod).  This Pod is piloted by a specialy
trained and conditioned PCSfig who wears a state of the art
rebreather/stasis helmet system that allows for hybernation on long
excursions.  (Sleepy Time After Research Pod).

The S.T.A.R. Pod supports the recon mission of the US FLY by taking samples
of minerals at the surface and going in to small craters and caverns on
asteroids.  There are dangerous missions and the pilots must have great
skill (Sample Then Ascend Rapidly Pod)

Landing in the S.T.A.R. Pod and personal excursions are possible.  The pilot
is connected to the ship and life support via umbilical attached to the
helmet.  Reattaching the pod door is challenging for the pilot and will be
fixed in the next model.

Soooo, here's the S.T.A.R Pod:
before moderation
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/legoober/PCSUranium/POD/pcsuspod1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/legoober/PCSUranium/POD/pcsuspod5.jpg

after moderation

The S.T.A.R. Pod was replaced in the classic age by the
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6822

as alwasy PLMKWYT

Chris <><
SPACE.