 Space / 20921
Re: Debut MOC: "Voodoo Child"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:00:28 GMT

In lugnet.space, Soren Roberts writes:
the engines look great... they're big without out-doing the ship, they have
greebs in all the right places.  I'd have no problem believing this tech works.

Thanks. I should have shown them swivelling.

they swivel too?  That sounds awesome... now I can't wait to see more pics!

Well, it WAS designed as a VES-X escort fighter.

wow thanks... its really an awesome honor to inspire others to build their
own ships.  When I saw the color scheme, it reminded me of the VES look, but
I thought it was more likely a reference to Pre-CS because your cockpit is
so similar to the Hoplab's.

Outlaw Star {snip}
Hmm. Not what I was trying for but you're right, it does. Although it actually
has five engines.

so does the Outlaw Star   :D
(the middle rear engine was the jump-engine IIRC), but its not really
similar enough to look derivative, I was just mentioning it as a note of
reference.  I actually like the main ship from OS a lot.  I really love the
look of the interior, especially the main control center.

A few of the .spacers I have talked to about it aren't that fond of OS, but
I think that aside from the "grappling arm combat" the designs in that show
are all very good.  Some may find the giant spheroid ships strange and ugly,
but they are based on a lot of realistic portrayals of space travel from the
70s and 80s I remember seeing.

I got it {pirate bucket} in the ISD.

ah!  I should have guessed it was from a new set... man there is some odd
stuff on the ISD.  :)

Yeah, I'll propbably fix that in the final model.

ok, I didn't know it wasn't finished yet...

Thanks. I was trying for a hot-rod sort of design, heavily customized and well
tuned. I agree that it looks unbalanced, but I like it that way.

no prob, I can appreciate the unbalanced look of it too.  I had a feeling
you might be going for that, that's why I mentioned people were prolly gonna
disagree with me  :B

cheers!
Jk