 Space / 20828
20827  |  20829
Subject:
PolyTech Industries Model 2H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 01:43:32 GMT

A long time ago, I started building little robots that were roughly minifig
size.  I built this particular robot at least 6 years ago, and I've always
loved it.  I recently decided to ldraw it and test out a new idea for
"instructions".  Here is the result- a short animation that shows you how to
put it together one piece at a time while it spins in front of you.
  http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/hafhead/space/Robots/PI2H/pi2hspin.avi

When the folder gets moderated, you will also be able to download various
sizes of desktop wallpapers.

I made other renders with more frames- and they looked great.  But the final
result was an unreasonably large file.  This one uses one frame per added
part (23 parts plus 3 extra frames at the end, at 375Kb).  Perhaps I'll
upload one of the 100+ frame animations at some point.

If you want to see some ancient pics of this robot, it appears in my Colony
Ship gallery that I posted to my site in late 1999:
  http://www.hafhead.com/lego/myspace/colony/big10.html
  http://www.hafhead.com/lego/myspace/colony/big11.html

--
Tony Hafner