 Space / 20839
Re: PolyTech Industries Model 2H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 03:50:31 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner writes:
A long time ago, I started building little robots that were roughly minifig
size.  I built this particular robot at least 6 years ago, and I've always
loved it.  I recently decided to ldraw it and test out a new idea for
"instructions".  Here is the result- a short animation that shows you how to
put it together one piece at a time while it spins in front of you.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/hafhead/space/Robots/PI2H/pi2hspin.avi

That's a cool robot.  The animated instructions idea is pretty good, too.
It turned out nice.

When the folder gets moderated, you will also be able to download various
sizes of desktop wallpapers.

I made other renders with more frames- and they looked great.  But the final
result was an unreasonably large file.  This one uses one frame per added
part (23 parts plus 3 extra frames at the end, at 375Kb).  Perhaps I'll
upload one of the 100+ frame animations at some point.

I'd check it out.

-Andrew

If you want to see some ancient pics of this robot, it appears in my Colony
Ship gallery that I posted to my site in late 1999:
http://www.hafhead.com/lego/myspace/colony/big10.html
http://www.hafhead.com/lego/myspace/colony/big11.html

--
Tony Hafner