 Space / 20468
Re: Microfig Attack Carrier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 00:08:24 GMT

In lugnet.space, Patrick Justison writes:
Yeah, I cant blame you for getting your hopes up when I mention the great
Ken-tucky.  I would agree that this is not my most impressive model by any
means but my intent was not really to impress.

hmmm... actually, one of the things that I like about your past ships is
that you never really seemed to be trying to out-do anything, just make
solid creative designs.  What I mean is that most of the joy was in their
poetic use of geometry and detail.  I got the feeling you have developed a
sense of how your ships work, and you always follow those rules.

medium sized Star Blazers design that would be effecient and create as much
of the curved nature of these designs as possible.  In the end, I was (maybe
still am) looking to create a fleet of these ships based on single and twin
engine designs.

That may be where this design is lost on me, I'm not that big a fan of the
look of Star Blazers.

As for the landing ramp it doesnt move now, but it will.  I was thinking of
having two levels of internal bays, and have the ramp pivot to close off the
cavity as well as to allign to the two levels of internal bays.

that sounds so cool... I never even thought that you could have 2 or more
levels inside... that is such a great way to work a 'launch port' on a carrier.

Good to hear from you Joel!  Whats up your sleeve these days?

Not enough Lego, that's for sure!  Been mostly working on the script for a
graphic novel I am attempting to get published.  Its far enough along that I
am thinking of submitting it to a few publishers, but that's a dang
scary-big step to be faced with, so I am procrastinating like mad  :)

cheers!
Jk