 Space / 20404
Re: Microfig Attack Carrier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:17:09 GMT

Hey Jon!  Fair enough.  The design is much more straight forward than some
of my previous models.  The construction is also pretty simple while taking
advantage of some of the newer parts.  I guess this model was more about
obtaining a shape I had envisioned, rather then letting the flow of building
take me in new directions.

Pat j

P.S.  Always good to get feedback.

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
"Patrick Justison" <pat.justison@mail.utexas.edu> wrote in message
I am never able to wait until the model is finished before I post, so here
is another almost done model.  I haven't finished a lot of the internal
details and the rear portion around the engines still needs work too, but
the overall shape is evident.

<snip>

I'm going to be blunt and say I don't really like this one.
This is not to say that it doesn't have its appeal, but in my opinion it
isn't as complex as some of your earlier work.

It almost seems *too* smooth.  There isn't much in the shape that really
catches my eye.  The basic wedge shape of the craft just doesn't do anything
for me.

However I really like the runway and landing bay in the rear.  The engine
nozzles and the panels around them are also very well done.

[ j o n ]