 Space / 20393
Re: Microfig Attack Carrier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 18:48:28 GMT

Hey, that's pretty cool. The studs out design made the shape of this ship. I
like how it looks pointed from above, but from the side it looks very strait
and skinny. Allthough I'm not sure I like the dark gray tiles on top. Is
that a landing pad?

As far as your inspiration, you've picked good sources. I know how hard it
can be to make something Yamato-like, both micro and minifig. Maybe someday
I'll finish mine...

--Kyle
http://lego.kepplah.com

In lugnet.space, Patrick Justison writes:
I am never able to wait until the model is finished before I post, so here
is another almost done model.  I haven't finished a lot of the internal
details and the rear portion around the engines still needs work too, but
the overall shape is evident.

Pre-moderation
http://home.austin.rr.com/prj/atcr/
Post-moderation

I count many influences in the design of this model but none more than these
two;

Space Battleship Yamato (Star Blazers).  I have always loved these designs;

http://www.shipschematics.net/yamato/

Ken Takeuchi and his 0050 Cruiser.  Many are probably more impressed with
the 0059 carrier but the 0050 came first.

http://member.nifty.ne.jp/ken-tucky/WORKS/0050.html

I love the color scheme and construction as seen here;

http://member.nifty.ne.jp/ken-tucky/WORKS/0050-2.html

pat J

http://home.austin.rr.com/prj/