 Space / 20448
Re: Prototype Destroyer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:02:53 GMT

In lugnet.space, Steve Hickman writes:
Hello all,

DD-Inferno

This is a destroyer class warship designed in the original Space Police
color scheme.  I tried to base it closely on modern naval design.  Actually
I began with the intention of building a frigate class vessel, but it turned
out to be too well armed to fall into that class, and a destroyer was born.

I apologize for the inadequacy of the pictures, as I took them hastely the
last night I was at home.  Also, because of time constraints, I was unable
to completely detail much of the main deck, as well as complete the ventral
side.

Well, I welcome you to take a look at the DD-Inferno, the first prototype
warship of my Space Police fleet.

Definitely a good start for said fleet--if the ships look like this,
Blacktron won't have a prayer.  XD  Any chance of a picture showing this
next to a 6986?  (Not that it would be anywhere near the same size, but a
comparison to the biggest official SP ship just seems appropriate.)

I love the rockets on the back.  (Although it seems like it'd be more in
keeping with the SP style to have about 20 Space Lock-Ups back there
instead.  :P)  In fact, I like a lot of the design here.  Everything seems
in character, even the white bits and the Gali-foot-guns.  I like the
alternate modules for the GPK, especially since they're probably also
compatible with the transport mini-vehicles (in the bigger SP sets).  The
first one looks like it's designed for combat, and I'm guessing the second
is sensor equipment (am I right?).  Both help get rid of the Peace Keeper's
relatively docile appearance (perhaps it's based on a civilian design?).
Too bad they're not tall enough to be useful on the Striker, but then they'd
look odd on the GPK and that's their primary purpose...

(I don't even want to THINK about how many pieces this took...)