 Space / 19815
Re: Displacement Tonnage for Spaceships?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 02:16:17 GMT

In lugnet.space, John P. Henderson writes:
In lugnet.space, Kyle Keppler writes:
Soudns inneresting, but waaaaay too complicated. Counting the length of my
ships is bad enough, let alone calcuating anything. I prefer to call my stuff
big, really big, insanely big, and ludicris big.

But I think Jon's SHIP term is good enough for me.

Haha!  :)
I hope someday that I can build a ludicrous big ship.  Most of mine are
sorta small, fairly small, and diminutively small.  :)

(The Terrorformer and the Armegeddon being two exceptions of course.)

-H.

Don't worry, building large ships is actually easier than it might seem. I
was building mere 100 studish long ships for years, then I decided to make
the jump to large ships. I now have built a 240 or stud long ship which
weighs upward of 25 or so pounds. Though I have yet to photograph it.. If
you're anything like me, losing interest in or being dissatisfied with the
project is the biggest obstacle.

Anyhow, since all of our ships are built of the same materials, I think that
for comparitive volume would be the best measurement of ship size. Plus, for
very large ships it's often difficult to ascertain mass.