 Space / 19621
Re: Snapshot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 03:31:02 GMT

In lugnet.space, John P. Henderson writes:

Normally I would not say the red canopy looks that great with brown.
However, there are three things to consider about this model that could make
trans-red acceptable:  1) It is presented as an "organic" craft, and strange
color combinations occur all the time in nature (look at flowering plants in
a rain forest for example).  2) It is presented as alien, so even stranger
color combinations might be reasonable.  3.) It is presented as alien, a
point so profound, it deserves to be pointed out again.   :)

I like you reasoning!  ;-)
Alien MOCs are cool.

Who knows what the barrels are for... intakes?  Outakes?  Exhaust?  Cooling
towers?  I just thought it looked organic- and cool!(Ah, the old Space
maxim- who cares what it is, it just looks cool)

Well, again, they're alien.  The barrels could be for anything that might be
considered alien.   ;)

More excellent reasoning... (dang, it seems like anything will work for
alien craft!)

Oh! And I can't leave without saying out good those guardrails look on the
sides!

It reminds me of Eastwood rallying the guys on Heartbreak Ridge with the
confident "Recon!"  ...Hmmm... I wonder where I got the idea for the Gunny
Skighway character in Starship... heheheh...

I don't get the reference... don't watch many movies.  :-/

Anyway, I wanted to add one more comment about the MOC.  What I found
striking was the use of green slopes.  You mixed them in between the brown
very nicely without overdoing it.  ...And of course I am jealous because I
don't even own a single green slope myself...    ;o

Hey, thanks!  I like green, but I never had any until I got an order from
Bricklink for one of my failed projects.  And I've always had the idea for a
brown and green ship... so I put those parts to use.

Go get some of Bricklink and dabble with them!  Green is a cool, albiet rare
color.

-JHK