 Space / 19604
Re: Snapshot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 20:26:21 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer writes:
In lugnet.space, Mark Nelson writes:
Wow!! That's one cool looking model, even though it isn't even finished yet!
Unlike everybody else, it seems, I personally like the red canopy. It seems
to fit with the brown. Just my humble opinion, though...

Normally I would not say the red canopy looks that great with brown.
However, there are three things to consider about this model that could make
trans-red acceptable:  1) It is presented as an "organic" craft, and strange
color combinations occur all the time in nature (look at flowering plants in
a rain forest for example).  2) It is presented as alien, so even stranger
color combinations might be reasonable.  3.) It is presented as alien, a
point so profound, it deserves to be pointed out again.   :)

The way the weapons connect to the wings is really excellent looking! It
looks -- yep, that's right. Organic. I'm still wondering what in the world
the barrels are for, though.

Who knows what the barrels are for... intakes?  Outakes?  Exhaust?  Cooling
towers?  I just thought it looked organic- and cool!(Ah, the old Space
maxim- who cares what it is, it just looks cool)

Well, again, they're alien.  The barrels could be for anything that might be
considered alien.   ;)

Oh! And I can't leave without saying out good those guardrails look on the
sides!

Thanks!  Actually, that would be guardrail, because I can't seem to find the
matching part, so I'm just using some plates with clips and such to
engreeble the other side.

And remember, .Space!

...I never did get that, but... .Space!

Neither do I... but still.  .Space!

It reminds me of Eastwood rallying the guys on Heartbreak Ridge with the
confident "Recon!"  ...Hmmm... I wonder where I got the idea for the Gunny
Skighway character in Starship... heheheh...

Anyway, I wanted to add one more comment about the MOC.  What I found
striking was the use of green slopes.  You mixed them in between the brown
very nicely without overdoing it.  ...And of course I am jealous because I
don't even own a single green slope myself...    ;o

Cheers,
-Hendo