 Space / 1908
Re: Another space render...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 22:35:26 GMT

Mr L F Braun <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> writes:
Bram Lambrecht wrote:

Wow, Bram.

That ship is magnificent

I'm flattered!

(but by now we expect nothing less from you!)

Creates a problem if I ever build something you consider mediocre...

--and the wing mount is very inventive; I like it a lot.

Thanks, I like it too.  I spent forever wondering how I would make the
wings at an interesting angle.

As for your racing idea, I think it's a heck of a lot better than
Podracers that are stuck to the ground.  ;)  I know I'd build one;
I did over the holidays, using four large UFO quarter panels Brassoed
clean as a leader "sail" (admittedly, very small).

Any pictures?  Reminds me, I need to get some Brasso.

A name?  I immediately want to say "Condor" given the wing
geometry, but it really brings to mind any of a number of
large flying insects.

Probably 'cause of the stuff sticking out of the front of the cockpit...

but I presume the wings are rigid, yes?

Yes.  I wish I could make them movable while retaining some strength,
though.
--Bram