 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 242
Re: Another space render...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 02:37:14 GMT

jpalmer@oklahoma.net (Jon Palmer) writes:
"Bram Lambrecht" <BramL@JUNO.com> wrote:
Does anyone have a good idea for a name for the model?

Well I personally like the idea of the model being part of a
racing league. If it was then you could maybe name it on these
grounds. You could take in to consideration the manufacturer of the
ship, the racing team name, and even the pilot.

I was thinking along similar lines...sort of a regatta competitor, but
that still doesn't give me any specific ideas for names :/

Wow! It would be really cool if we all (or a few of us) made
our own ship to "compete" and we could even make up teams and
sponsors and whatever.

Go right ahead!

Another thing to consider is its appearance and attributes and
naming it accordingly. It does kind of have a bird look to it. I
myself am not into bird names for ships though.

Swift or Swallow, maybe, but I don't really like either of those names...

One last note as I ramble away.. A few years ago I had the
chance to go sail with a friend on a lake nearby on these 2 little
boats called Sunfish. That was actually the first thing that popped
into my head when I saw the model.

Might work :)  (I've sailed in Sunfishes too.  Fun, isn't it?) The "Sun"
fits right in with the solar power...

And I'm with Pat, I love the canopy design.

The design is actually based on a design Karim posted long ago, back when
L-CAD was still a mailing list.  He used one of the long windshields
mounted on a couple 65 degree slopes (2x2x2) and 33 degree slopes.  I've
used that design, almost unmodified on one of my jets:
http://www.chuh.org/Students/Bram-Lambrecht/LEGO/air/
I've been trying to come up with original cockpits recently...so I guess
I succeeded :)  And for once, the pilot can sit almost upright...
--Bram